In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Hospitalists looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Hospitalists[qs_listing areaofinterest=”HEALTH-HEALTHCARE-NURSING, HEALTH-HEALTHCARE-NURSING, , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Hospitalists
Here is a list of tasks that Hospitalists do every day.
- Diagnose, treat, or provide continuous care to hospital inpatients.
- Prescribe medications or treatment regimens to hospital inpatients.
- Admit patients for hospital stays.
- Order or interpret the results of tests such as laboratory tests and radiographs (x-rays).
- Conduct discharge planning and discharge patients.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Hospitalists do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Train or supervise medical students, residents, or other health professionals.
- How many hours do Hospitalists work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Exposed to Disease or Infections
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Hospitalists
Related careers to Hospitalists
This career is also closely related to Academic Hospitalist, Associate Chief, Section of Hospital Medicine, Chief of Hospital Medicine, Chief of Internal Medicine, Hospital Medicine Director, Hospitalist, Hospitalist Medical Director, Hospitalist Program Director, Inpatient Services Director or Internal Medicine Hospitalist.