In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Helpers of Roofers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
Top 2 Featured Schools For Helpers of Roofers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Helpers of Roofers
Here is a list of tasks that Helpers of Roofers do every day.
- Check to ensure that completed roofs are watertight.
- Sweep and clean roofs to prepare them for the application of new roofing materials.
- Locate worn or torn areas in roofs.
- Clean work areas and equipment.
- Maintain tools and equipment.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Helpers of Roofers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Attach roofing paper and composition shingles, using nails.
- Perform emergency leak repairs and general maintenance for a variety of roof types.
- Attach sheets of metal to roof boards or building frameworks when installing metal roofs.
- Chop tar into small pieces, and heat chopped tar in kettles.
- Clear drains and downspouts and clean gutters.
- How many hours do Helpers of Roofers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Irregular (Changes with weather conditions, production demands or contract duration)
Outdoors, Exposed to Weather
Very Hot or Cold Temperatures
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Radiation
Exposed to High Places
Exposed to Minor Burns, Cuts, Bites, or Stings
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Helpers of Roofers
Related careers to Helpers of Roofers
Helpers of Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons and Tile and Marble Setters
Machine Feeders and Offbearers
Reinforcing Iron and Rebar Workers
Textile Winding, Twisting and Drawing Out Machine Setters, Operators and Tenders
This career is also closely related to Hot Tar Roofer Helper, Industrial Roofer Helper, Kettleman, Residential Roofer Helper, Roof Technician, Roofer, Roofer Assistant, Roofer Helper, Roofing Apprentice or Roofing Laborer.