In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Helpers of Carpenters looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Helpers of Carpenters[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Helpers of Carpenters
Here is a list of tasks that Helpers of Carpenters do every day.
- Clean work areas, machines, or equipment, to maintain a clean and safe job site.
- Fasten timbers or lumber with glue, screws, pegs, or nails and install hardware.
- Select tools, equipment, or materials from storage and transport items to work site.
- Drill holes in timbers or lumber.
- Cut timbers, lumber, or paneling to specified dimensions.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Helpers of Carpenters do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Perform tie spacing layout and measure, mark, drill or cut.
- Hold plumb bobs, sighting rods, or other equipment to aid in establishing reference points and lines.
- Glue and clamp edges or joints of assembled parts.
- Smooth or sand surfaces to remove ridges, tool marks, glue, or caulking.
- How many hours do Helpers of Carpenters work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Outdoors, Exposed to Weather
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Hazardous Equipment
Exposed to Minor Burns, Cuts, Bites, or Stings
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Wear Specialized Protective or Safety Equipment such as Breathing Apparatus, Safety Harness, Full Protection Suits, or Radiation Protection
Learn more about Helpers of Carpenters
Related careers to Helpers of Carpenters
This career is also closely related to Beam Builder Helper, Building Carpenter Helper, Cabinetmaker Helper, Carpenter Assistant, Carpenter Assistant, Installer, Carpenter Helper, Carpenter Mate, Carpenter’s Helper, Carpenter/Labor or Carpenters Helper.