In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Healthcare Social Workers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Healthcare Social Workers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”SOCIAL-WORK, SOCIAL-WORK, SOCIAL-WORK, , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Healthcare Social Workers
Here is a list of tasks that Healthcare Social Workers do every day.
- Collaborate with other professionals to evaluate patients’ medical or physical condition and to assess client needs.
- Advocate for clients or patients to resolve crises.
- Refer patient, client, or family to community resources to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness and to provide access to services such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, job placement or education.
- Counsel clients and patients in individual and group sessions to help them overcome dependencies, recover from illness, and adjust to life.
- Plan discharge from care facility to home or other care facility.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Healthcare Social Workers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Organize support groups or counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting the client or patient.
- Supervise and direct other workers providing services to clients or patients.
- How many hours do Healthcare Social Workers work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Exposed to Disease or Infections
Learn more about Healthcare Social Workers
Related careers to Healthcare Social Workers
This career is also closely related to AIDS Social Worker, Bereavement Counselor, Case Managers, Certified Social Workers In Health Care, Clinical Social Worker, Community Advocate, Dialysis Social Worker, Director of Social Services, Director of Social Work or Disability Advocate.