In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Geophysical Data Technicians looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Geophysical Data Technicians[qs_listing areaofinterest=”GENERAL-ENGINEERING, GENERAL-ENGINEERING, , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Geophysical Data Technicians
Here is a list of tasks that Geophysical Data Technicians do every day.
- Set up or direct set-up of instruments used to collect geological data.
- Apply new technologies, such as improved seismic imaging techniques, to locate untapped oil or natural gas deposits.
- Collect data on underground areas, such as reservoirs, that could be used in carbon sequestration operations.
- Collect geological data from potential geothermal energy plant sites.
- Compile data used to address environmental issues, such as the suitability of potential landfill sites.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Geophysical Data Technicians do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Prepare notes, sketches, geological maps, or cross-sections.
- Read and study reports in order to compile information and data for geological and geophysical prospecting.
- Interview individuals, and research public databases in order to obtain information.
- Assemble, maintain, or distribute information for library or record systems.
- Operate or adjust equipment or apparatus used to obtain geological data.
- How many hours do Geophysical Data Technicians work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Geophysical Data Technicians
Related careers to Geophysical Data Technicians
This career is also closely related to Echometer Engineer, Electric Well Logging Operator, Electrical Logger, Electrical Logging Operator, Electrical Prospecting Observer, Electrical Prospecting Operator, Electrical Prospecting Supervisor, Electrolog Operator, Exploration Manager or Field Engineer.