In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Postsecondary Geography Teachers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Postsecondary Geography Teachers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”GEOGRAPHY-EDUCATION-TEACHING, GEOGRAPHY, GEOGRAPHY, GEOGRAPHY, ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Postsecondary Geography Teachers
Here is a list of tasks that Postsecondary Geography Teachers do every day.
- Supervise undergraduate or graduate teaching, internship, and research work.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Postsecondary Geography Teachers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge and publish findings in professional journals, books, or electronic media.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as urbanization, environmental systems, and cultural geography.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Evaluate and grade students’ class work, assignments, and papers.
- How many hours do Postsecondary Geography Teachers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Postsecondary Geography Teachers
Related careers to Postsecondary Geography Teachers
This career is also closely related to Assistant Professor, Assistant Professor of Geography, Associate Professor, Associate Professor of Geography, Cartography Professor, Cartography Teacher, College or University Faculty Member, College Professor, Geographic Information Systems Professor or Geography Department Chair.