In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as General and Operations Managers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For General and Operations Managers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”FACILITIES-MANAGEMENT, PUBLIC-ADMINISTRATION, BUSINESS, BUSINESS-ADMINISTRATION, RETAIL-MANAGEMENT” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for General and Operations Managers
Here is a list of tasks that General and Operations Managers do every day.
- Review financial statements, sales or activity reports, or other performance data to measure productivity or goal achievement or to identify areas needing cost reduction or program improvement.
- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, or distribution of products.
- Direct administrative activities directly related to making products or providing services.
- Prepare staff work schedules and assign specific duties.
- Monitor suppliers to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed goods or services within budgetary limits.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that General and Operations Managers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Direct or coordinate financial or budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, or increase efficiency.
- Establish or implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, or procedures in conjunction with board members, organization officials, or staff members.
- Plan or direct activities such as sales promotions that require coordination with other department managers.
- Develop or implement product-marketing strategies, including advertising campaigns or sales promotions.
- Direct non-merchandising departments of businesses, such as advertising or purchasing.
- How many hours do General and Operations Managers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about General and Operations Managers
Related careers to General and Operations Managers
This career is also closely related to Adjutant General, Adult Daycare Coordinator, Assistant Manager, Building Manager, Business Administrator, Business Coordinator, Business Development Director, Business Manager, Chief Administrative Officer or Chief Deputy.