In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Funeral Attendants looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Video coming soon
Top 2 Featured Schools For Funeral Attendants[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Funeral Attendants
Here is a list of tasks that Funeral Attendants do every day.
- Greet people at the funeral home.
- Perform a variety of tasks during funerals to assist funeral directors and to ensure that services run smoothly and as planned.
- Direct or escort mourners to parlors or chapels in which wakes or funerals are being held.
- Close caskets at appropriate point in services.
- Attend to the needs of the bereaved, such as by offering comfort, counseling, or after care programs.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Funeral Attendants do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Transport the deceased to the funeral home.
- Supervise funeral processions and assist with cemetery parking.
- Act as pallbearers.
- Deliver floral arrangements or other items to family members of the deceased.
- Perform general maintenance tasks for funeral homes, such as maintaining equipment or caring for funeral grounds.
- How many hours do Funeral Attendants work per week? Less than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Irregular (Changes with weather conditions, production demands or contract duration)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Outdoors, Exposed to Weather
In an Enclosed Vehicle or Equipment
Very Hot or Cold Temperatures
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Disease or Infections
Learn more about Funeral Attendants
Related careers to Funeral Attendants
This career is also closely related to Apprentice Funeral Director, Attendant, Crematory Operator, Family Services Assistant (FSA), Funeral Assistant, Funeral Attendant, Funeral Greeter, Funeral Home Assistant, Funeral Home Associate or Funeral Home Attendant.