In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Fundraisers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Fundraisers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Fundraisers
Here is a list of tasks that Fundraisers do every day.
- Identify and build relationships with potential donors.
- Write and send letters of thanks to donors.
- Secure commitments of participation or donation from individuals or corporate donors.
- Create or update donor databases.
- Direct or supervise fundraising staff, including volunteer staff members.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Fundraisers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Solicit cash or in-kind donations or sponsorships from individual, business, or government donors.
- Monitor progress of fundraising drives.
- Conduct research to identify the goals, net worth, history of charitable donations, or other data related to potential donors, potential investors, or general donor markets.
- Compile or develop materials to submit to granting or other funding organizations.
- Monitor budgets, expense reports, or other financial data for fundraising organizations.
- How many hours do Fundraisers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Fundraisers
Related careers to Fundraisers
This career is also closely related to Campaign Fundraiser, Capital Campaign Fundraiser, Chief Fundraising Officer, Community Fundraiser, Development Director, Development Officer, Direct Response Consultant, Director of Capital Giving, Director of Development or Director of Fundraising.