In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders looks like
- What do they do every day
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
Here is a list of tasks that Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders do every day.
- Tend or operate and control equipment such as kettles, cookers, vats and tanks, and boilers, to cook ingredients or prepare products for further processing.
- Set temperature, pressure, and time controls, and start conveyers, machines, or pumps.
- Clean, wash, and sterilize equipment and cooking area, using water hoses, cleaning or sterilizing solutions, or rinses.
- Observe gauges, dials, and product characteristics, and adjust controls to maintain appropriate temperature, pressure, and flow of ingredients.
- Listen for malfunction alarms, and shut down equipment and notify supervisors when necessary.
- How many hours do Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Very Hot or Cold Temperatures
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Hazardous Equipment
Exposed to Minor Burns, Cuts, Bites, or Stings
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
Related careers to Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
This career is also closely related to Blanching Machine Operator, Boiler, Brine Maker, Casing Cooker, Cheese Cook, Chip Frier, Chocolate Temperer, Coconut Boiler, Confectionery Cooker or Cook.