In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”OPERATIONS-MANAGEMENT, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers
Here is a list of tasks that Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers do every day.
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors, machine setters, and fabricators.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers.
- Plan and develop new products and production processes.
- How many hours do Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Very Hot or Cold Temperatures
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Hazardous Equipment
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers
Related careers to Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers
This career is also closely related to Abattoir Supervisor, Abrasive and Polished Products Supervisor, Acid Supervisor, Aerosol Supervisor, Aging Department Supervisor, Agricultural Chemicals Shift Superintendent, Alteration Workroom Supervisor, Alum Plant Supervisor, Alumina Plant Supervisor or Aluminum Boat Assembly Supervisor.