In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Supervisors of Correctional Officers looks like
- What do they do every day
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Supervisors of Correctional Officers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL-JUSTICE, CRIMINAL-JUSTICE-ADMINISTRATION, , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Supervisors of Correctional Officers
Here is a list of tasks that Supervisors of Correctional Officers do every day.
- Maintain order, discipline, and security within assigned areas in accordance with relevant rules, regulations, policies, and laws.
- Take, receive, or check periodic inmate counts.
- Maintain knowledge of, comply with, and enforce all institutional policies, rules, procedures, and regulations.
- Supervise and direct the work of correctional officers to ensure the safe custody, discipline, and welfare of inmates.
- Resolve problems between inmates.
- How many hours do Supervisors of Correctional Officers work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Disease or Infections
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Supervisors of Correctional Officers
Related careers to Supervisors of Correctional Officers
This career is also closely related to Captain, Chief Jailer, City Jailer, Correction Lieutenant, Correction Officer Supervisor, Correctional Corporal, Correctional Lieutenant, Correctional Officer Captain, Correctional Officer Chief or Correctional Officer Lieutenant.