In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Financial Examiners looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Financial Examiners[qs_listing areaofinterest=”PRIVATE-PUBLIC-INVESTIGATIONS, , ACCOUNTING, ACCOUNTING, TAXATION” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Financial Examiners
Here is a list of tasks that Financial Examiners do every day.
- Investigate activities of institutions to enforce laws and regulations and to ensure legality of transactions and operations or financial solvency.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Financial Examiners do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Prepare reports, exhibits and other supporting schedules that detail an institution’s safety and soundness, compliance with laws and regulations, and recommended solutions to questionable financial conditions.
- Recommend actions to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, or to protect solvency of institutions.
- Resolve problems concerning the overall financial integrity of banking institutions including loan investment portfolios, capital, earnings, and specific or large troubled accounts.
- Direct and participate in formal and informal meetings with bank directors, trustees, senior management, counsels, outside accountants and consultants to gather information and discuss findings.
- Review balance sheets, operating income and expense accounts, and loan documentation to confirm institution assets and liabilities.
- How many hours do Financial Examiners work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Financial Examiners
Related careers to Financial Examiners
This career is also closely related to Agent, Bank Compliance Officer, Bank Examiner, Bank Secrecy Act Anti-Money Laundering Officer (BSA/AML Officer), Chief Bank Examiner, Community Reinvestment Act Officer (CRA Officer), Compliance Analyst, Compliance Director, Compliance Manager or Compliance Officer.