In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Fashion Designers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Fashion Designers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”BUSINESS-ADMINISTRATION, MATERIALS-ENGINEERING, FASHION, FASHION, FASHION” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Fashion Designers
Here is a list of tasks that Fashion Designers do every day.
- Direct and coordinate workers involved in drawing and cutting patterns and constructing samples or finished garments.
- Examine sample garments on and off models, modifying designs to achieve desired effects.
- Sketch rough and detailed drawings of apparel or accessories, and write specifications such as color schemes, construction, material types, and accessory requirements.
- Identify target markets for designs, looking at factors such as age, gender, and socioeconomic status.
- Attend fashion shows and review garment magazines and manuals to gather information about fashion trends and consumer preferences.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Fashion Designers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Confer with sales and management executives or with clients to discuss design ideas.
- Adapt other designers’ ideas for the mass market.
- Determine prices for styles.
- How many hours do Fashion Designers work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Cramped Work Space, Awkward Positions
Learn more about Fashion Designers
Related careers to Fashion Designers
This career is also closely related to Apparel Designer, Apparel Fashion Designer, Athletic Shoe Designer, Clothes Designer, Clothing Designer, Copyist, Costume Designer, Costume Director, Custom Furrier or Dance Costume Designer.