In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Family and General Practitioners looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Family and General Practitioners[qs_listing areaofinterest=”HEALTH-HEALTHCARE-NURSING, HEALTH-HEALTHCARE-NURSING, , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Family and General Practitioners
Here is a list of tasks that Family and General Practitioners do every day.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Order, perform, and interpret tests and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients’ condition.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results.
- Monitor patients’ conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Family and General Practitioners do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Plan, implement, or administer health programs or standards in hospitals, businesses, or communities for prevention or treatment of injury or illness.
- Deliver babies.
- Operate on patients to remove, repair, or improve functioning of diseased or injured body parts and systems.
- Prepare government or organizational reports which include birth, death, and disease statistics, workforce evaluations, or medical status of individuals.
- How many hours do Family and General Practitioners work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Exposed to Disease or Infections
Learn more about Family and General Practitioners
Related careers to Family and General Practitioners
This career is also closely related to Board Certified Family Physician, Doctor, Emergency Medicine Physician, Emergency Room Doctor (ER Doctor), Family Medicine Physician, Family Physician, Family Practice Doctor, Family Practice MD (Family Practice Medical Doctor), Family Practice Medical Doctor (FP MD) or Family Practice Physician.