In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Video coming soon
Top 2 Featured Schools For Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers
Here is a list of tasks that Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers do every day.
- Investigate employment practices or alleged violations of laws to document and correct discriminatory factors.
- Prepare reports related to investigations of equal opportunity complaints.
- Study equal opportunity complaints to clarify issues.
- Interpret civil rights laws and equal opportunity regulations for individuals or employers.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Interview persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to verify case information.
- Meet with persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to arbitrate and settle disputes.
- Monitor the implementation and impact of guidelines for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
- Provide information, technical assistance, or training to supervisors, managers, or employees on topics such as employee supervision, hiring, grievance procedures, or staff development.
- Prepare reports of selection, survey, or other statistics and recommendations for corrective action.
- How many hours do Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers
Related careers to Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers
This career is also closely related to Affirmative Action Officer (Aa Officer), Civil Rights Investigator, Civil Rights Representative, Complaint Investigations Officer, Compliance Analyst, Compliance Coordinator, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer (EEO Officer), Equal Employment Opportunity Representative (EEO Representative), Equal Opportunity Assistant or Equal Opportunity Commission Investigator (EOC Investigator).