In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Engine and Other Machine Assemblers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Engine and Other Machine Assemblers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”MECHANIC-TRADES, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Engine and Other Machine Assemblers
Here is a list of tasks that Engine and Other Machine Assemblers do every day.
- Read and interpret assembly blueprints or specifications manuals and plan assembly or building operations.
- Inspect, operate, and test completed products to verify functioning, machine capabilities, or conformance to customer specifications.
- Position or align components for assembly, manually or using hoists.
- Set and verify parts clearances.
- Verify conformance of parts to stock lists or blueprints, using measuring instruments, such as calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Engine and Other Machine Assemblers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Set up and operate metalworking machines, such as milling or grinding machines, to shape or fabricate parts.
- How many hours do Engine and Other Machine Assemblers work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Hazardous Conditions
Exposed to Hazardous Equipment
Exposed to Minor Burns, Cuts, Bites, or Stings
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Engine and Other Machine Assemblers
Related careers to Engine and Other Machine Assemblers
This career is also closely related to Air Conditioning Coil Assembler, Aircraft Engine Assembler, Aircraft Power Plant Assembler, Assembler, Assembler Erector, Assembling Motor Builder, Assembly Line Worker, Automobile Engine Assembler, Automotive Production Worker or Bearing Ring Assembler.