In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Embalmers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Embalmers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”MORTUARY-SCIENCE-FUNERAL-STUDIES, MORTUARY-SCIENCE-FUNERAL-STUDIES, , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Embalmers
Here is a list of tasks that Embalmers do every day.
- Arrange funeral home equipment and perform general maintenance.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Embalmers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Dress bodies and place them in caskets.
- Conform to laws of health and sanitation and ensure that legal requirements concerning embalming are met.
- Close incisions, using needles and sutures.
- Attach trocar to pump-tube, start pump, and repeat probing to force embalming fluid into organs.
- Wash and dry bodies, using germicidal soap and towels or hot air dryers.
- How many hours do Embalmers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Irregular (Changes with weather conditions, production demands or contract duration)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
In an Enclosed Vehicle or Equipment
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Hazardous Conditions
Learn more about Embalmers
Related careers to Embalmers
This career is also closely related to Anatomical Embalmer, Apprentice Embalmer, Arterial Embalmer, Assistant Manager/Embalmer, Associate Embalmer/Funeral Director, Chief Embalmer, Embalmer, Embalmer Apprentice, Embalmer/Funeral Director or Embalmer/Funeral Director Care Center Manager.