In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Electronic Drafters looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Electronic Drafters[qs_listing areaofinterest=”CAD-CADD-COMPUTER-AIDED-DRAFTING-DESIGN, CAD-CADD-COMPUTER-AIDED-DRAFTING-DESIGN, CAD-CADD-COMPUTER-AIDED-DRAFTING-DESIGN, , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Electronic Drafters
Here is a list of tasks that Electronic Drafters do every day.
- Consult with engineers to discuss and interpret design concepts, and determine requirements of detailed working drawings.
- Examine electronic schematics and supporting documents to develop, compute, and verify specifications for drafting data, such as configuration of parts, dimensions, and tolerances.
- Draft detail and assembly drawings of design components, circuitry and printed circuit boards, using computer-assisted equipment or standard drafting techniques and devices.
- Locate files relating to specified design project in database library, load program into computer, and record completed job data.
- Review work orders and procedural manuals and confer with vendors and design staff to resolve problems and modify design.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Electronic Drafters do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Generate computer tapes of final layout design to produce layered photo masks and photo plotting design onto film.
- Plot electrical test points on layout sheets and draw schematics for wiring test fixture heads to frames.
- Copy drawings of printed circuit board fabrication using print machine or blueprinting procedure.
- How many hours do Electronic Drafters work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Electronic Drafters
Related careers to Electronic Drafters
This career is also closely related to AutoCAD Designer, AutoCAD Technician, CAD Designer (Computer Aided Design Designer), CAD Drafter (Computer Aided Design CAD Drafter), CAD Draftsman (Computer-Aided Design Draftsman), CADD Drafter (Computer-Aided Design and Drafting Drafter), Computer-Aided Design Technician, Design Drafter, Designer or Drafter.