In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Electromechanical Engineering Technologists looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Electromechanical Engineering Technologists[qs_listing areaofinterest=”ARCHITECTURAL-ENGINEERING, GENERAL-ENGINEERING, BIOMEDICAL-ENGINEERING, HVAC-HEATING-VENTILATION-AIR-CONDITIONING-REFRIGERATION, GENERAL-ENGINEERING” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Electromechanical Engineering Technologists
Here is a list of tasks that Electromechanical Engineering Technologists do every day.
- Collaborate with engineers to implement electromechanical designs in industrial or other settings.
- Analyze engineering designs of logic or digital circuitry, motor controls, instrumentation, or data acquisition for implementation into new or existing automated, servomechanical, or other electromechanical systems.
- Establish and maintain inventory, records, or documentation systems.
- Conduct statistical studies to analyze or compare production costs for sustainable and nonsustainable designs.
- Determine whether selected electromechanical components comply with environmental standards and regulations.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Electromechanical Engineering Technologists do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Consult with machinists or technicians to ensure that electromechanical equipment or systems meet design specifications.
- Fabricate or assemble mechanical, electrical, or electronic components or assemblies.
- Modify, maintain, or repair electrical, electronic, or mechanical components, equipment, or systems to ensure proper functioning.
- Select electromechanical equipment, materials, components, or systems to meet functional specifications.
- Produce electrical, electronic, or mechanical drawings or other related documents or graphics necessary for electromechanical design, using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- How many hours do Electromechanical Engineering Technologists work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Hazardous Conditions
Exposed to Hazardous Equipment
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Electromechanical Engineering Technologists
Related careers to Electromechanical Engineering Technologists
This career is also closely related to Designer, Electro-Mechanical Technologist, Electromechanical Engineering Technologist, Engineering Specialist, Engineering Tech, Instrumentation and Electrical Preventive Maintenance Inspector IE PM Inspector, Process Control Tech, R&D Lab Technician, Senior Design Engineering Specialist or Senior Designer.