In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Electrical Engineers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Electrical Engineers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”ELECTRICAL-ENGINEERING, ELECTRICAL-ENGINEERING, , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Electrical Engineers
Here is a list of tasks that Electrical Engineers do every day.
- Operate computer-assisted engineering or design software or equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Confer with engineers, customers, or others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects or products.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Electrical Engineers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Prepare technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, or topographical maps to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Design, implement, maintain, or improve electrical instruments, equipment, facilities, components, products, or systems for commercial, industrial, or domestic purposes.
- Direct or coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, or testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements.
- Compile data and write reports regarding existing or potential electrical engineering studies or projects.
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, or installation standards or specifications.
- How many hours do Electrical Engineers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Electrical Engineers
Related careers to Electrical Engineers
This career is also closely related to Automation Engineer, Cable Engineer, Circuits Engineer, Design Engineer, Distribution Engineer, Distribution Field Engineer, District Plant Engineer, Division Engineer, Division Plant Engineer or Electrical Controls Engineer.