In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Electrical Engineering Technologists looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Electrical Engineering Technologists[qs_listing areaofinterest=”ARCHITECTURAL-ENGINEERING, GENERAL-ENGINEERING, BIOMEDICAL-ENGINEERING, HVAC-HEATING-VENTILATION-AIR-CONDITIONING-REFRIGERATION, GENERAL-ENGINEERING” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Electrical Engineering Technologists
Here is a list of tasks that Electrical Engineering Technologists do every day.
- Review electrical engineering plans to ensure adherence to design specifications and compliance with applicable electrical codes and standards.
- Design or modify engineering schematics for electrical transmission and distribution systems or for electrical installation in residential, commercial, or industrial buildings, using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Assemble or test solar photovoltaic products, such as inverters or energy management systems.
- Build or test electrical components of electric-drive vehicles or prototype vehicles.
- Conduct statistical studies to analyze or compare production costs for sustainable or nonsustainable designs.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Electrical Engineering Technologists do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Diagnose, test, or analyze the performance of electrical components, assemblies, or systems.
- Compile and maintain records documenting engineering schematics, installed equipment, installation or operational problems, resources used, repairs, or corrective action performed.
- Set up and operate standard or specialized testing equipment.
- Review installation or quality assurance documentation.
- Install or maintain electrical control systems, industrial automation systems, or electrical equipment, including control circuits, variable speed drives, or programmable logic controllers.
- How many hours do Electrical Engineering Technologists work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Electrical Engineering Technologists
Related careers to Electrical Engineering Technologists
This career is also closely related to Design Tech, Electrical Design Technologist, Electrical Engineering Technologist, Electrical Tech/Project Manager, Engineering Assistant, Engineering Tech, Engineering Technologist, Layout Designer, Senior Analysis Specialist or Senior Engineering Tech.