In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”HVAC-HEATING-VENTILATION-AIR-CONDITIONING-REFRIGERATION, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
Here is a list of tasks that Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers do every day.
- (Information coming soon)
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Measure and mark surfaces to lay out work, according to blueprints or drawings, using tape measures, straightedges or squares, and marking devices.
- Read blueprints or other specifications to determine methods of installation, work procedures, or material or tool requirements.
- Fit and fasten wallboard or drywall into position on wood or metal frameworks, using glue, nails, or screws.
- Hang dry lines to wall moldings to guide positioning of main runners.
- Measure and cut openings in panels or tiles for electrical outlets, windows, vents, plumbing, or other fixtures, using keyhole saws or other cutting tools.
- How many hours do Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to High Places
Exposed to Hazardous Equipment
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
Related careers to Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
This career is also closely related to Acoustical Carpenter, Acoustical Ceiling Installer, Acoustical Ceiling Mechanic, Acoustical Ceiling Technician, Carpenter, Ceiling Installer, Dry Wall Installer, Drywall Applicator, Drywall Boardhanger or Drywall Carrier.