In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Document Management Specialists looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Document Management Specialists[qs_listing areaofinterest=”COMPUTER-SCIENCE, OFFICE-MANAGEMENT, INFORMATION-TECHNOLOGY-ADMINISTRATION-MANAGEMENT, COMPUTER-SCIENCE, INFORMATION-TECHNOLOGY-PROJECT-MANAGEMENT” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Document Management Specialists
Here is a list of tasks that Document Management Specialists do every day.
- Consult with end users regarding problems in accessing electronic content.
- Search electronic sources, such as databases or repositories, or manual sources for information.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Document Management Specialists do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Monitor regulatory activity to maintain compliance with records and document management laws.
- Administer document and system access rights and revision control to ensure security of system and integrity of master documents.
- Develop or configure document management system features, such as user interfaces, access profiles, and document workflow procedures.
- Keep abreast of developments in document management technologies and techniques by reviewing current literature, talking with colleagues, participating in educational programs, attending meetings or workshops, or participating in professional organizations or conferences.
- Retrieve electronic assets from repository for distribution to users, collecting and returning to repository, if necessary.
- How many hours do Document Management Specialists work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Document Management Specialists
Related careers to Document Management Specialists
This career is also closely related to Business Process Analyst, Business Records Manager, Director, Document Control Manager, Document Control Specialist, Document Control Supervisor, Document Control, Electronic Content, and Records Manager, Document Imaging Specialist, Document Management Consultant or Document Management Specialist.