In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Dietetic Technicians looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Dietetic Technicians[qs_listing areaofinterest=”NUTRITION-DIETETICS, NUTRITION-DIETETICS, NUTRITION-DIETETICS, NUTRITION-DIETETICS, NUTRITION-DIETETICS” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Dietetic Technicians
Here is a list of tasks that Dietetic Technicians do every day.
- Observe patient food intake and report progress and dietary problems to dietician.
- Prepare a major meal, following recipes and determining group food quantities.
- Supervise food production or service or assist dietitians or nutritionists in food service supervision or planning.
- Plan menus or diets or guide individuals or families in food selection, preparation, or menu planning, based upon nutritional needs and established guidelines.
- Conduct nutritional assessments of individuals, including obtaining and evaluating individuals’ dietary histories, to plan nutritional programs.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Dietetic Technicians do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Develop job specifications, job descriptions, or work schedules.
- Refer patients to other relevant services to provide continuity of care.
- How many hours do Dietetic Technicians work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Exposed to Disease or Infections
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Dietetic Technicians
Related careers to Dietetic Technicians
This career is also closely related to Certified Dietary Manager (CDM), Clinical Dietetic Technician, Cook Chill Technician (CCT), Diet Assistant, Diet Clerk, Diet Tech (Diet Technician), Diet Tech (Dietetic Technician), Diet Technician Registered (DTR), Dietary Aid or Dietary Aide.