In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Database Architects looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Database Architects[qs_listing areaofinterest=”COMPUTER-SCIENCE, OFFICE-MANAGEMENT, INFORMATION-TECHNOLOGY-ADMINISTRATION-MANAGEMENT, COMPUTER-SCIENCE, INFORMATION-TECHNOLOGY-PROJECT-MANAGEMENT” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Database Architects
Here is a list of tasks that Database Architects do every day.
- Monitor and report systems resource consumption trends to assure production systems meet availability requirements and hardware enhancements are scheduled appropriately.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Database Architects do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Collaborate with system architects, software architects, design analysts, and others to understand business or industry requirements.
- Develop data models for applications, metadata tables, views or related database structures.
- Design database applications, such as interfaces, data transfer mechanisms, global temporary tables, data partitions, and function-based indexes to enable efficient access of the generic database structure.
- Demonstrate database technical functionality, such as performance, security and reliability.
- Develop or maintain archived procedures, procedural codes, or queries for applications.
- How many hours do Database Architects work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Database Architects
Related careers to Database Architects
This career is also closely related to Data Administrator, Data Architect, Data Base Design Analyst, Data Officer, Data Warehouse Architect, Database Analyst, Database Architect, Database Consultant, Database Design Analyst or Database Designer.