In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Craft Artists looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Craft Artists[qs_listing areaofinterest=”VISUAL-COMMUNICATIONS, ART-DESIGN, ART, ART, ART” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Craft Artists
Here is a list of tasks that Craft Artists do every day.
- Create functional or decorative objects by hand, using a variety of methods and materials.
- Cut, shape, fit, join, mold, or otherwise process materials, using hand tools, power tools, or machinery.
- Select materials for use based on strength, color, texture, balance, weight, size, malleability and other characteristics.
- Apply finishes to objects being crafted.
- Set specifications for materials, dimensions, and finishes.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Craft Artists do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Develop concepts or creative ideas for craft objects.
- Confer with customers to assess customer needs or obtain feedback.
- Create prototypes or models of objects to be crafted.
- Sketch or draw objects to be crafted.
- How many hours do Craft Artists work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
Exposed to Contaminants
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Craft Artists
Related careers to Craft Artists
This career is also closely related to Apprentice, Painter, Neckties, Architectural Modeler, Art Objects Repairer, Artisan, Bronze Sculptor, Calligrapher, Ceramic Artist, Ceramics Artist, Ceramics Sculptor or China Painter.