In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Restaurant Cooks looks like
- What do they do every day
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Restaurant Cooks[qs_listing areaofinterest=”COOKING, CULINARY-ARTS, , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Restaurant Cooks
Here is a list of tasks that Restaurant Cooks do every day.
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- How many hours do Restaurant Cooks work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Very Hot or Cold Temperatures
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Minor Burns, Cuts, Bites, or Stings
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Restaurant Cooks
Related careers to Restaurant Cooks
This career is also closely related to Back Line Cook, Banquet Chef, Banquet Cook, Breakfast Cook, Broiler Chef or Cook, Chef, Chef de Froid, Chef De Partie, Cook or Cook Apprentice.