In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Fast Food Cooks looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Fast Food Cooks[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Fast Food Cooks
Here is a list of tasks that Fast Food Cooks do every day.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Cook and package batches of food, such as hamburgers and fried chicken, which are prepared to order or kept warm until sold.
- Prepare specialty foods such as pizzas, fish and chips, sandwiches, and tacos, following specific methods that usually require short preparation time.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Fast Food Cooks do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Order and take delivery of supplies.
- How many hours do Fast Food Cooks work per week? Less than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Exposed to Minor Burns, Cuts, Bites, or Stings
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Fast Food Cooks
Related careers to Fast Food Cooks
Fast Food Food Preparation and Serving Workers
Food Preparation Workers
Computer Numerically Controlled Machine Tool Programmers, Metal and Plastic
Aircraft Structure, Surfaces, Rigging and Systems Assemblers
This career is also closely related to Cashier, Cook, Crew Member, Crew Person, Crew Trainer, Fast Food Cook, Fast Food Fry Cook, Fry Cook, Fryline Attendant or Grill Cook.