In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Construction Managers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Construction Managers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”CONSTRUCTION-ENGINEERING, BUSINESS, BUSINESS-ADMINISTRATION, OPERATIONS-MANAGEMENT, CONSTRUCTION-MANAGEMENT” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Construction Managers
Here is a list of tasks that Construction Managers do every day.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Plan, schedule, or coordinate construction project activities to meet deadlines.
- Direct and supervise construction or related workers.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Construction Managers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, or other regulations.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with environmental regulations.
- Plan, organize, or direct activities concerned with the construction or maintenance of structures, facilities, or systems.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- How many hours do Construction Managers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Construction Managers
Related careers to Construction Managers
This career is also closely related to Brickmason Contractor, Bridges and Buildings Supervisor, Building Construction Contractor, Cement Contractor, Concrete Foreman, Construction Area Manager, Construction Consultant, Construction Contractor, Construction Coordinator or Construction Foreman.