In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Computer Network Support Specialists looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Computer Network Support Specialists[qs_listing areaofinterest=”COMPUTER-PROGRAMMING-SOFTWARE-DEVELOPMENT, COMPUTER-SCIENCE, COMPUTER-SCIENCE, NETWORK-ADMINISTRATION-MANAGEMENT, NETWORK-ADMINISTRATION-MANAGEMENT” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Computer Network Support Specialists
Here is a list of tasks that Computer Network Support Specialists do every day.
- Back up network data.
- Configure security settings or access permissions for groups or individuals.
- Document network support activities.
- Provide telephone support related to networking or connectivity issues.
- Evaluate local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN) performance data to ensure sufficient availability or speed, to identify network problems, or for disaster recovery purposes.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Computer Network Support Specialists do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Analyze and report computer network security breaches or attempted breaches.
- Configure wide area network (WAN) or local area network (LAN) routers or related equipment.
- Troubleshoot network or connectivity problems for users or user groups.
- Perform routine maintenance or standard repairs to networking components or equipment.
- Test computer software or hardware, using standard diagnostic testing equipment and procedures.
- How many hours do Computer Network Support Specialists work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Computer Network Support Specialists
Related careers to Computer Network Support Specialists
This career is also closely related to Certified Novell Administrator (CNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Computer Network Specialist, Computer Network Support Specialist, Computer Networker, Configuration Technician, Implementation Consultant, Internet Information Technology Specialist, Internet Network Specialist or Internet Security Specialist.