In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Civil Drafters looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Civil Drafters[qs_listing areaofinterest=”ARCHITECTURAL-ENGINEERING, ARCHITECTURAL-ENGINEERING, , CAD-CADD-COMPUTER-AIDED-DRAFTING-DESIGN, CAD-CADD-COMPUTER-AIDED-DRAFTING-DESIGN” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Civil Drafters
Here is a list of tasks that Civil Drafters do every day.
- Produce drawings using computer-assisted drafting systems (CAD) or drafting machines, or by hand using compasses, dividers, protractors, triangles and other drafting devices.
- Draw maps, diagrams, and profiles, using cross-sections and surveys, to represent elevations, topographical contours, subsurface formations and structures.
- Draft plans and detailed drawings for structures, installations, and construction projects such as highways, sewage disposal systems, and dikes, working from sketches or notes.
- Determine the order of work and method of presentation, such as orthographic or isometric drawing.
- Finish and duplicate drawings and documentation packages, according to required mediums and specifications for reproduction using blueprinting, photography, or other duplicating methods.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Civil Drafters do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Calculate excavation tonnage and prepare graphs and fill-hauling diagrams for use in earth-moving operations.
- Correlate, interpret, and modify data obtained from topographical surveys, well logs, and geophysical prospecting reports.
- Determine quality, cost, strength and quantity of required materials, and enter figures on materials lists.
- How many hours do Civil Drafters work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Civil Drafters
Related careers to Civil Drafters
This career is also closely related to CAD Draftsman (Computer-Aided Design Draftsman), Civil CAD Designer (Civil Computer Aided Design Designer), Civil CAD Tech (Civil Computer-Aided Design Technician), Civil CADD Technician (Civil Computer-Aided Drafting and Design Technician), Civil Design Specialist, Civil Design Technician, Civil Drafter, Civil Drafting Technician, Civil Draftsman or Civil Technician.