In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as City and Regional Planning Aides looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
Top 2 Featured Schools For City and Regional Planning Aides[qs_listing areaofinterest=”SOCIAL-SCIENCES, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for City and Regional Planning Aides
Here is a list of tasks that City and Regional Planning Aides do every day.
- Provide and process zoning and project permits and applications.
- Respond to public inquiries and complaints.
- Inspect sites and review plans for minor development permit applications.
- Perform clerical duties such as composing, typing and proofreading documents, scheduling appointments and meetings, handling mail and posting public notices.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that City and Regional Planning Aides do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Participate in and support team planning efforts.
- Prepare reports, using statistics, charts, and graphs, to illustrate planning studies in areas such as population, land use, or zoning.
- Research, compile, analyze and organize information from maps, reports, investigations, and books for use in reports and special projects.
- Serve as liaison between planning department and other departments and agencies.
- Conduct interviews, surveys and site inspections concerning factors that affect land usage, such as zoning, traffic flow and housing.
- How many hours do City and Regional Planning Aides work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about City and Regional Planning Aides
Related careers to City and Regional Planning Aides
This career is also closely related to City Designer, Community Planner, Development and Housing Director, Development Technician, Engineering Technician, GIS Technician (Geographic Information Systems Technician), Planner, Planning Aide, Planning Assistant or Planning Intern.