In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Childcare Workers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Childcare Workers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”EARLY-CHILDHOOD-EDUCATION, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Childcare Workers
Here is a list of tasks that Childcare Workers do every day.
- Maintain a safe play environment.
- Dress children and change diapers.
- Observe and monitor children’s play activities.
- Communicate with children’s parents or guardians about daily activities, behaviors, and related issues.
- Sanitize toys and play equipment.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Childcare Workers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Place or hoist children into baths or pools.
- How many hours do Childcare Workers work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Outdoors, Exposed to Weather
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Exposed to Disease or Infections
Learn more about Childcare Workers
Related careers to Childcare Workers
This career is also closely related to Afterschool Counselor, Aide, Attendant, Au Pair, Baby Attendant, Baby Sitter, Babysitter, Before and After School Daycare Worker, Boarding Mother or Bus Escort.