In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Chief Executives looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Chief Executives[qs_listing areaofinterest=”PUBLIC-ADMINISTRATION, BUSINESS, BUSINESS-ADMINISTRATION, ENTREPRENEURSHIP, FINANCE” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Chief Executives
Here is a list of tasks that Chief Executives do every day.
- Direct or coordinate an organization’s financial or budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, or increase efficiency.
- Appoint department heads or managers and assign or delegate responsibilities to them.
- Analyze operations to evaluate performance of a company or its staff in meeting objectives or to determine areas of potential cost reduction, program improvement, or policy change.
- Direct, plan, or implement policies, objectives, or activities of organizations or businesses to ensure continuing operations, to maximize returns on investments, or to increase productivity.
- Direct or coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with production, pricing, sales, or distribution of products.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Chief Executives do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Confer with board members, organization officials, or staff members to discuss issues, coordinate activities, or resolve problems.
- Implement corrective action plans to solve organizational or departmental problems.
- Direct human resources activities, including the approval of human resource plans or activities, the selection of directors or other high-level staff, or establishment or organization of major departments.
- Preside over or serve on boards of directors, management committees, or other governing boards.
- Negotiate or approve contracts or agreements with suppliers, distributors, federal or state agencies, or other organizational entities.
- How many hours do Chief Executives work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Chief Executives
Related careers to Chief Executives
This career is also closely related to Aeronautics Commission Director, Agricultural Services Director, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Assistance Program Administrator, Arts and Humanities Council Director, Bakery Manager, Bank President, Book Publisher, Brokerage Office Manager, Bureau Chief or Business Development Executive.