In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Chemical Plant and System Operators looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Chemical Plant and System Operators[qs_listing areaofinterest=”MATH-SCIENCE, MATH-SCIENCE, , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Chemical Plant and System Operators
Here is a list of tasks that Chemical Plant and System Operators do every day.
- Monitor recording instruments, flowmeters, panel lights, or other indicators and listen for warning signals, to verify conformity of process conditions.
- Control or operate chemical processes or systems of machines, using panelboards, control boards, or semi-automatic equipment.
- Move control settings to make necessary adjustments on equipment units affecting speeds of chemical reactions, quality, or yields.
- Inspect operating units, such as towers, soap-spray storage tanks, scrubbers, collectors, or driers to ensure that all are functioning and to maintain maximum efficiency.
- Draw samples of products and conduct quality control tests to monitor processing and to ensure that standards are met.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Chemical Plant and System Operators do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Supervise the cleaning of towers, strainers, or spray tips.
- How many hours do Chemical Plant and System Operators work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
Outdoors, Exposed to Weather
Outdoors, Under Cover
In an Enclosed Vehicle or Equipment
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Very Hot or Cold Temperatures
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to High Places
Exposed to Hazardous Conditions
Learn more about Chemical Plant and System Operators
Related careers to Chemical Plant and System Operators
This career is also closely related to Ammonia Still Operator, Ammonia Technician, Badger Distiller Operator, Bucket Wash Operator, Checker, Chemical Operator, Chemical Plant Operator, Chemical Treatment Plant Technician, Chief Operator or Denitrator.