In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders[qs_listing areaofinterest=”MATH-SCIENCE, MATH-SCIENCE, , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders
Here is a list of tasks that Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders do every day.
- Observe safety precautions to prevent fires or explosions.
- Record operational data, such as temperatures, pressures, ingredients used, processing times, or test results.
- Control or operate equipment in which chemical changes or reactions take place during the processing of industrial or consumer products.
- Patrol work areas to detect leaks or equipment malfunctions or to monitor operating conditions.
- Draw samples of products at specified stages so that analyses can be performed.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Drain equipment and pump water or other solutions through to flush and clean tanks or equipment.
- How many hours do Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
Outdoors, Exposed to Weather
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Very Hot or Cold Temperatures
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Hazardous Conditions
Exposed to Hazardous Equipment
Exposed to Minor Burns, Cuts, Bites, or Stings
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Wear Specialized Protective or Safety Equipment such as Breathing Apparatus, Safety Harness, Full Protection Suits, or Radiation Protection
Learn more about Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders
Related careers to Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders
This career is also closely related to Acetone Recovery Worker, Acetylene Plant Operator, Acid Bleacher, Acid Cleaner, Acid Concentrator, Acid Condenser, Acid Extractor, Acid Maker, Acid Operator or Acid Patroller.