In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Cashiers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Cashiers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Cashiers
Here is a list of tasks that Cashiers do every day.
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Assist customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
- Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Greet customers entering establishments.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Cashiers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Stock shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items.
- Pay company bills by cash, vouchers, or checks.
- How many hours do Cashiers work per week? Less than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Cashiers
Related careers to Cashiers
This career is also closely related to Admissions Gate Attendant, All Purpose Clerk (APC), Auction Clerk, Bartender, Bottle Booth Attendant, Box Office Attendant, Bridge Toll Collector, Cafeteria Clerk, Cafeteria or Lunchroom Checker or Cage Cashier.