In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Business Intelligence Analysts looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Business Intelligence Analysts[qs_listing areaofinterest=”COMPUTER-SCIENCE, OFFICE-MANAGEMENT, INFORMATION-TECHNOLOGY-ADMINISTRATION-MANAGEMENT, COMPUTER-SCIENCE, INFORMATION-TECHNOLOGY-PROJECT-MANAGEMENT” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Business Intelligence Analysts
Here is a list of tasks that Business Intelligence Analysts do every day.
- Analyze competitive market strategies through analysis of related product, market, or share trends.
- Communicate with customers, competitors, suppliers, professional organizations, or others to stay abreast of industry or business trends.
- Manage timely flow of business intelligence information to users.
- Collect business intelligence data from available industry reports, public information, field reports, or purchased sources.
- Identify and analyze industry or geographic trends with business strategy implications.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Business Intelligence Analysts do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Synthesize current business intelligence or trend data to support recommendations for action.
- Analyze technology trends to identify markets for future product development or to improve sales of existing products.
- Generate standard or custom reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data for review by executives, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Maintain or update business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, or methods.
- Maintain library of model documents, templates, or other reusable knowledge assets.
- How many hours do Business Intelligence Analysts work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Business Intelligence Analysts
Related careers to Business Intelligence Analysts
This career is also closely related to Analytical Data Miner, Business Database Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, Business Intelligence Manager, Commercial Intelligence Manager, Competitive Intelligence Analyst, Consultant, Strategic Business and Technology Intelligence, Data Analyst, Director of Enterprise Strategy or Director of Market Intelligence.