In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Transit and Intercity Bus Drivers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Transit and Intercity Bus Drivers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”TRUCK-DRIVING-COMMERCIAL-VEHICLE-OPERATION, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Transit and Intercity Bus Drivers
Here is a list of tasks that Transit and Intercity Bus Drivers do every day.
- Drive vehicles over specified routes or to specified destinations according to time schedules, complying with traffic regulations to ensure that passengers have a smooth and safe ride.
- Park vehicles at loading areas so that passengers can board.
- Advise passengers to be seated and orderly while on vehicles.
- Inspect vehicles and check gas, oil, and water levels prior to departure.
- Assist passengers, such as elderly or disabled individuals, on and off bus, ensure they are seated properly, help carry baggage, and answer questions about bus schedules or routes.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Transit and Intercity Bus Drivers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Load and unload baggage in baggage compartments.
- Make minor repairs to vehicle and change tires.
- How many hours do Transit and Intercity Bus Drivers work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Outdoors, Exposed to Weather
In an Enclosed Vehicle or Equipment
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Very Hot or Cold Temperatures
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Disease or Infections
Learn more about Transit and Intercity Bus Drivers
Related careers to Transit and Intercity Bus Drivers
This career is also closely related to Bus Driver, Bus Operator, CDL Driver (Commercial Drivers License Driver), Charter Coach Driver, Charter Driver, City Bus Driver, Coach Operator, Day Haul or Farm Charter Bus Driver, Delivery Driver or Driver.