In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Brickmasons and Blockmasons looks like
- What do they do every day
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Brickmasons and Blockmasons[qs_listing areaofinterest=”CONSTRUCTION, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Brickmasons and Blockmasons
Here is a list of tasks that Brickmasons and Blockmasons do every day.
- Remove excess mortar with trowels and hand tools, and finish mortar joints with jointing tools, for a sealed, uniform appearance.
- Construct corners by fastening in plumb position a corner pole or building a corner pyramid of bricks, and filling in between the corners using a line from corner to corner to guide each course, or layer, of brick.
- Measure distance from reference points and mark guidelines to lay out work, using plumb bobs and levels.
- Break or cut bricks, tiles, or blocks to size, using trowel edge, hammer, or power saw.
- Interpret blueprints and drawings to determine specifications and to calculate the materials required.
- How many hours do Brickmasons and Blockmasons work per week? Less than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Irregular (Changes with weather conditions, production demands or contract duration)
Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
Outdoors, Exposed to Weather
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to High Places
Exposed to Hazardous Equipment
Exposed to Minor Burns, Cuts, Bites, or Stings
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Brickmasons and Blockmasons
Related careers to Brickmasons and Blockmasons
This career is also closely related to Acid Tank Liner, Adobe Layer, Block Layer, Block Mason, Block Paver, Blockmason, Bottom Liner, Brick and Block Mason, Brick Chimney Builder or Brick Dropper.