In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Biostatisticians looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Biostatisticians[qs_listing areaofinterest=”BIOLOGY, MATHEMATICS, MATHEMATICS, MATHEMATICS, MATHEMATICS” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Biostatisticians
Here is a list of tasks that Biostatisticians do every day.
- Draw conclusions or make predictions based on data summaries or statistical analyses.
- Provide biostatistical consultation to clients or colleagues.
- Write program code to analyze data using statistical analysis software.
- Assign work to biostatistical assistants or programmers.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Biostatisticians do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Design research studies in collaboration with physicians, life scientists, or other professionals.
- Analyze clinical or survey data using statistical approaches such as longitudinal analysis, mixed effect modeling, logistic regression analyses, and model building techniques.
- Prepare articles for publication or presentation at professional conferences.
- Monitor clinical trials or experiments to ensure adherence to established procedures or to verify the quality of data collected.
- Review clinical or other medical research protocols and recommend appropriate statistical analyses.
- How many hours do Biostatisticians work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Biostatisticians
Related careers to Biostatisticians
This career is also closely related to Associate Director of Biostatistics, Associate Professor of Biostatistics, Bioinformatician, Bioinformatics Specialist, Biomathematician, Biometrician, Biostatistician, Biostatistics Director, Clinical Biostatistician or Consultant/Associate Professor of Biostatistics.