In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Biomass Plant Technicians looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Biomass Plant Technicians[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Biomass Plant Technicians
Here is a list of tasks that Biomass Plant Technicians do every day.
- Operate biomass fuel-burning boiler or biomass fuel gasification system equipment in accordance with specifications or instructions.
- Operate valves, pumps, engines, or generators to control and adjust production of biofuels or biomass-fueled power.
- Operate equipment to start, stop, or regulate biomass-fueled generators, generator units, boilers, engines, or auxiliary systems.
- Inspect biomass power plant or processing equipment, recording or reporting damage and mechanical problems.
- Record or report operational data such as readings on meters, instruments, and gauges.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Biomass Plant Technicians do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Read and interpret instruction manuals or technical drawings related to biomass-fueled power or biofuels production equipment or processes.
- How many hours do Biomass Plant Technicians work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
Outdoors, Exposed to Weather
Outdoors, Under Cover
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Very Hot or Cold Temperatures
Extremely Bright or Inadequate Lighting
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to High Places
Exposed to Hazardous Conditions
Learn more about Biomass Plant Technicians
Related careers to Biomass Plant Technicians
This career is also closely related to A Auxiliary, Apprentice Plant Attendant, Assistant Boiler Operator, Auxiliary Engineer, Auxiliary Operator, Auxiliary Plant Operator, B-Operator, B-Operator (Recovery and Combination Boiler Operator), Biomass Boiler Operator or Biomass Facilitator.