In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Barbers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Barbers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”BARBERING, HAIR-STYLING, SALON-MANAGEMENT, COSMETOLOGY-TEACHER-TRAINING, ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Barbers
Here is a list of tasks that Barbers do every day.
- Clean and sterilize scissors, combs, clippers, and other instruments.
- Cut and trim hair according to clients’ instructions or current hairstyles, using clippers, combs, hand-held blow driers, and scissors.
- Drape and pin protective cloths around customers’ shoulders.
- Question patrons regarding desired services and haircut styles.
- Clean work stations and sweep floors.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Barbers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Order supplies.
- Provide face, neck, and scalp massages.
- How many hours do Barbers work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Barbers
Related careers to Barbers
This career is also closely related to Barber, Barber Apprentice, Barber Instructor, Barber Shop Operator, Barber Stylist, Cosmetologist, Hair Cutter, Hair Stylist, Hairdresser or Master Barber.