In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Automotive Engineers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Automotive Engineers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”MECHANICAL-ENGINEERING, ELECTRONICS-ENGINEERING, , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Automotive Engineers
Here is a list of tasks that Automotive Engineers do every day.
- Provide technical direction to other engineers or engineering support personnel.
- Write, review, or maintain engineering documentation.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Automotive Engineers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Conduct or direct system-level automotive testing.
- Conduct automotive design reviews.
- Develop engineering specifications or cost estimates for automotive design concepts.
- Prepare or present technical or project status reports.
- Design vehicles that use lighter materials, such as aluminum, magnesium alloy, or plastic, to improve fuel efficiency.
- How many hours do Automotive Engineers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Automotive Engineers
Related careers to Automotive Engineers
This career is also closely related to Automotive Designer, Automotive Engineer, Automotive Power Electronics Engineer, Chief Engineer, Development System Efficiency Manager, Dimensional Integration Engineer, Director of Engineering, Quality & Program Management., Director, Product Safety, Engineering Manager or Fuel-Efficient Automobile Designer.