In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Assessors looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Assessors[qs_listing areaofinterest=”REAL-ESTATE, REAL-ESTATE, , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Assessors
Here is a list of tasks that Assessors do every day.
- Determine taxability and value of properties, using methods such as field inspection, structural measurement, calculation, sales analysis, market trend studies, and income and expense analysis.
- Prepare and maintain current data on each parcel assessed, including maps of boundaries, inventories of land and structures, property characteristics, and any applicable exemptions.
- Establish uniform and equitable systems for assessing all classes and kinds of property.
- Complete and maintain assessment rolls that show the assessed values and status of all property in a municipality.
- Analyze trends in sales prices, construction costs, and rents, to assess property values or determine the accuracy of assessments.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Assessors do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Inspect properties, considering factors such as market value, location, and building or replacement costs to determine appraisal value.
- Explain assessed values to property owners and defend appealed assessments at public hearings.
- Inspect new construction and major improvements to existing structures to determine values.
- Conduct regular reviews of property within jurisdictions to determine changes in property due to construction or demolition.
- Serve on assessment review boards.
- How many hours do Assessors work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Assessors
Related careers to Assessors
This career is also closely related to Agricultural Appraiser, Appraiser, Assessor, Auditor Appraiser, Certified General Mass Real Estate Appraiser, City Assessor, Commercial Appraiser, Commercial Real Estate Appraiser, County Assessor or County Tax Assessor.