In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Architects looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Architects[qs_listing areaofinterest=”ARCHITECTURE, ARCHITECTURE, HISTORY, , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Architects
Here is a list of tasks that Architects do every day.
- Prepare scale drawings or architectural designs, using computer-aided design or other tools.
- Plan or design structures such as residences, office buildings, theatres, factories, or other structural properties in accordance with environmental, safety, or other regulations.
- Direct activities of technicians engaged in preparing drawings or specification documents.
- Prepare contract documents for building contractors.
- Design or plan construction of green building projects to minimize adverse environmental impact or conserve energy.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Architects do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Prepare information regarding design, structure specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, or construction time.
- Meet with clients to review or discuss architectural drawings.
- Integrate engineering elements into unified architectural designs.
- Administer construction contracts.
- Consult with clients to determine functional or spatial requirements of structures.
- How many hours do Architects work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Architects
Related careers to Architects
This career is also closely related to Architect, Architectural Designer, Architectural Project Manager, Architectural Superintendent, Building Architect, Building Architectural Designer, Building Consultant, City Designer, Commercial Green Building Architect or Commercial Green Building Designer.