In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Arbitrators, Mediators and Conciliators looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Arbitrators, Mediators and Conciliators[qs_listing areaofinterest=”LAW-SCHOOL, CONFLICT-RESOLUTION, , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Arbitrators, Mediators and Conciliators
Here is a list of tasks that Arbitrators, Mediators and Conciliators do every day.
- Use mediation techniques to facilitate communication between disputants, to further parties’ understanding of different perspectives, and to guide parties toward mutual agreement.
- Confer with disputants to clarify issues, identify underlying concerns, and develop an understanding of their respective needs and interests.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Arbitrators, Mediators and Conciliators do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Set up appointments for parties to meet for mediation.
- Interview claimants, agents, or witnesses to obtain information about disputed issues.
- Apply relevant laws, regulations, policies, or precedents to reach conclusions.
- Conduct initial meetings with disputants to outline the arbitration process, settle procedural matters such as fees, or determine details such as witness numbers or time requirements.
- Evaluate information from documents such as claim applications, birth or death certificates, or physician or employer records.
- How many hours do Arbitrators, Mediators and Conciliators work per week? Less than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Irregular (Changes with weather conditions, production demands or contract duration)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Arbitrators, Mediators and Conciliators
Related careers to Arbitrators, Mediators and Conciliators
This career is also closely related to Adjuster Arbitrator, Alternative Dispute Resolution Coordinator (ADR Coordinator), Alternative Dispute Resolution Mediator (ADR Mediator), Arbiter, Arbitrator, Arbitrator, Mediator and Hearing Officer, Certified Family Mediator, Commissioner, Conciliator or Conflict Resolution Professional.