In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Agricultural Technicians looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Agricultural Technicians[qs_listing areaofinterest=”MATH-SCIENCE, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Agricultural Technicians
Here is a list of tasks that Agricultural Technicians do every day.
- Measure or weigh ingredients used in laboratory testing.
- Supervise or train agricultural technicians or farm laborers.
- Perform laboratory or field testing, using spectrometers, nitrogen determination apparatus, air samplers, centrifuges, or potential hydrogen (pH) meters to perform tests.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Agricultural Technicians do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Record data pertaining to experimentation, research, or animal care.
- Prepare data summaries, reports, or analyses that include results, charts, or graphs to document research findings and results.
- Prepare laboratory samples for analysis, following proper protocols to ensure that they will be stored, prepared, and disposed of efficiently and effectively.
- Examine animals or crop specimens to determine the presence of diseases or other problems.
- Collect animal or crop samples.
- How many hours do Agricultural Technicians work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Irregular (Changes with weather conditions, production demands or contract duration)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Agricultural Technicians
Related careers to Agricultural Technicians
Textile Knitting and Weaving Machine Setters, Operators and Tenders
Computer, Automated Teller and Office Machine Repairers
Cutting, Punching and Press Machine Setters, Operators and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
This career is also closely related to Acidity Tester, Agricultural Research Technician, Agricultural Research Technologist, Agricultural Researcher, Agricultural Specialist, Agricultural Technician, Agriculture Research Laboratory Assistant, Agriculture Technician, Biological Aide or Biotechnician.