In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Advertising Sales Agents looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Advertising Sales Agents[qs_listing areaofinterest=”SALES, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Advertising Sales Agents
Here is a list of tasks that Advertising Sales Agents do every day.
- Maintain assigned account bases while developing new accounts.
- Explain to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
- Provide clients with estimates of the costs of advertising products or services.
- Locate and contact potential clients to offer advertising services.
- Process all correspondence and paperwork related to accounts.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Advertising Sales Agents do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to new and existing customers to sell new advertising programs and to protect and increase existing advertising.
- Deliver advertising or illustration proofs to customers for approval.
- Draw up contracts for advertising work and collect payments due.
- Obtain and study information about clients’ products, needs, problems, advertising history, and business practices to offer effective sales presentations and appropriate product assistance.
- Consult with company officials, sales departments, and advertising agencies to develop promotional plans.
- How many hours do Advertising Sales Agents work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Outdoors, Exposed to Weather
In an Enclosed Vehicle or Equipment
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Learn more about Advertising Sales Agents
Related careers to Advertising Sales Agents
This career is also closely related to Account Executive, Account Leader, Account Manager, Account Specialist, Advertising Account Executive, Advertising Account Representative, Advertising Agent, Advertising Consultant, Advertising Director or Advertising Representative.